This 66 acre property features a great location in Midcoast Maine, 10 minutes from downtown Belfast, and 4 minutes from Swan Lake. It is on a paved secondary road with great frontage, allowing the potential for roadside sales. Previously operated as a small scale produce and livestock operation (pigs, cattle, and sheep), this property has several potential uses.
- About 6 acres of cleared land, the rest wooded/wetlands.
- Drilled well on site
- No power currently on site, but I am working on getting that set up to run the well and for other uses
- No housing at the moment, but there is an unfinished cabin that I am considering fixing up to make it livable. Potential to park an RV/tiny house, or put up a yurt, etc.
- Soils are considered prime farmland - Peru fine sandy loam. Soil tests came back generally good - slightly low pH, good organic matter, no extreme deficiencies.
- PFAS testing has been done on soil and water. Water came back non-detect, and soils came back with general background levels. Soil consultants said there is no cause for concern - reports can be shared with serious parties.
- Water available - Drilled well and spring on the property for potential water source (it's not the highest output, but could have utility). There is also a dug well on site, but likely wouldn't provide any value.
- Great location - close to potential markets and very easy to access. 10 minutes to Belfast, 40 minutes to Bangor, 60 minutes to Augusta, 2 hours to Portland.
- Great southern exposure - the open portion of the property is V-shaped, with two long fields running north-south, with good sun for most of the property all day.
- The farm was not very well managed previously. I have done a lot of cleanup on the property, but the work is ongoing. If you do an online search for the address, you will find some stories related to the previous owner and poor farming practices. I purchased this land in hopes of rehabilitating it and giving it another shot at being a healthy and productive farm. I am hoping to find someone who can see this farm's potential and is committed to taking care of this piece of land. I work in agriculture and would be happy to offer whatever assistance or mentorship is helpful for the future tenants/owners.
Priced at $150,000
The information herein is believed to be accurate, but not warranted and should be verified by the seeker.
Click on map to navigate the soil mapping data
- Follows Practices
- Beef Cows
- Christmas Trees
- Standard Sale
- Owner-financed Sale
- Short-term Lease (1-5 yrs)
- Long-term Lease (5+yrs)
- Lease with option to buy
- Other Housing